As seen in the current issue of Real Weddings Magazine on newsstands now.
Photography by Blush Wedding Photography.
Winter is such a wonderful mix of cold and stormy weather with contrast of the warmth and joy that the holiday season brings. With Christmas around the corner, we wanted to share with you the styled shoot we did for Real Weddings for their winter issue. We were inspired to create an intimate wedding that had the wintery coldness of marble and crystals throughout, with the warm almost star like qualities of modern geometric shapes. We can’t get enough of marble right now as you will see! :
Creative Partners: Flowers and Decor elements: DeLovely Creative. Stationary: Lele Chan Designs. Wedding Cake: Cake by Nicole. Geomagnetic candle holders and vase: L’Atelier Home. Plates: A&B Partytime Rental. Marble runner by Alicia Keats Weddings + Events. Blankets from Ikea. Gold rimed glasses in Hot Chocolate vignette: West Elm. Stove Top Espresso maker and double walled demitasse glasses: Ming Wo.
Here are some of our ideas for a modern winter wedding:
Winter Wedding Décor Ideas:
- Instead of a traditional fabric runner, we used marble tiles to create a focal point down the center of the table.
- A dramatic dinner plate instead of a charger plate can make an impact on the table.
- Fabric menus add a softness to the table setting.
- Play with candle shapes (and colours!). We used square candles to add a more angular effect.
- Keeping the floral understated added to the clean, modern feel.
- Candles, candles, candles!
Winter Wedding Favours Ideas:
- Keep your guests cozy and warm. We used our blankets to add a cozy softness to the ceremony and dining experience. We let the guests take them home by the end of the night! Play around with using different textures and colours to add interest.
- Crystal rock candy favours.
Winter Wedding Beverages Ideas:
- Nothing warms up a winter wedding like a hot coco bar. Guests can add tasty additions to their coco to personalize it: vanilla, vodka, baileys, peppermint schnapps, chocolate shavings, spice, grand Marnier, marshmallows… the options are endless!
- Or how about an espresso bar after dinner for guests to warm up with before dancing the night away?!
We hope you are inspired and love this shoot as much as we do!